Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Must be 21 years or older. Clear criminal background check. Pass training requirements. Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communications, able to work effectively with all staff members. Display honesty, integrity and a commitment to the mission of Pine Grove.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise closely and maintain accountability of children to ensure their safety.
- Promote the health and well being of all Pine Grove children.
- Ensure children receive medications as prescribed.
- Report and document any accidents/injuries, unusual behaviors/incidents, emergency safety interventions or critical incidents of children.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of any child to Administrative Staff.
- Assist and teach children daily living skills to maximize abilities and promote independence. Daily living skills include but are not limited to-bathing, toileting, tooth brushing, dressing, eating, shampooing and brushing hair, shaving and nail clipping.
- Assist children with dressing appropriately.
- Know and consistently follow children’s Behavior Support/Comprehensive Care/Residential Treatment Plans.
- Implement children’s Life Skills and Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Implement Behavior Management/Modification techniques with children.
- Follow general rules, policies and procedures of Pine Grove.
- Be familiar with and apply Pine Grove Mission Statement.
- Promote the Rights of Children in Residential Care.
- Follow set daily schedule.
- Accurately and consistently chart children’s behaviors on behavior charts.
- Accurately and thoroughly document detailed and pertinent information of children on daily summary notes, toileting, seizure and general medication charts.
- Interact with and engage children in recreational/leisure activities, daily.
- Attend, participate and/or conduct Individual and Group/Recreational/Social Skills Sessions.
- Attend and make contributions to children’s programming.
- Teach and promote positive social skills to children.
- Teach and use communication skills with children.
- Ensure safety of child during community outings.
- Contact supervisor immediately during emergency situations.
- Assist children with Family Reunification/Transition and accurately complete Family Reunification Forms.
- Know emergency procedures (fire, tornado, accident, missing child, etc).
- Attend all required training and meetings.
- Provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment to include: classrooms, residence and yard.
- Report broken equipment/hazards to supervisor.
- Maintain client, staff and agency confidentiality and refrain from gossip.
- Work as scheduled, arriving on time and staying to the end of shift. Attendance and punctuality are mandatory.
Work With Pine Grove
The staff at Pine Grove are committed and dedicated to providing children with the compassion and care they deserve. Click below to view available job opportunities.
Interested in enrolling your child at Pine Grove? Click below to contact our Admissions Director and learn more about the best program for your child.