CTH II Care Coordinator
Qualifications/Credentials: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Social Work or a related mental health field (State of South Carolina licensing desirable)/Verification of both is required. Excellent written and verbal skills. Professional interaction with fellow employees, governmental agents, and parents. DDSN background preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for 24 hours/7 days per week operations of the Mack, Back and Chestnut Homes.
- In conjunction with the Supervisors, ensure that there is a working schedule for all three shifts for the assigned houses.
- Ensure that there is an on-duty charge for the houses when you are not present.
- In conjunction with the HR department, design and implement a training program that ensures that all staff working in the home is adequately trained according to training requirements.
- Ensure an accurate shift change report is in place.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Manager, ensure that all homes are presentable, home like and meet licensing requirements.
- Ensure that all required inspections are up to date (fire, air, water etc.).
- Ensure that all staff is fully informed of emergency and safety procedures.
- Ensure that all written documentation is accurate and current.
- Interact with all outside agencies and parents in a highly professional manner.
- Ensure that a recreational program is in place for all homes.
- Responsible for providing and/or coordinating services for each child’s care to include assessment, development and signing of the care plan and periodic re-confirmation of the appropriateness of care.
- Responsible for providing and/or supervising services to include evaluating, assessing, and the provision of all essential tasks for children receiving care.
- Responsible for spending a portion of time watching and interacting with each child conducting individual sessions. These individual sessions are to occur at a minimum of two times per week and shall be documented in the child’s summary notes.
- Responsible for conducting and documenting weekly meetings with direct care staff individually or in groups to discuss specific children’s cases in order to monitor the child’s behavioral, social, emotional, educational, vocational, nutritional, spiritual,
- cultural and permanency needs. These meeting are to be documented in the child’s summary notes.
- Complete Weekly Progress Summary Notes for children on caseload and send the weekly Progress Summary Notes to referring agency on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for formulating, chairing and implementing child’s Behavior Support and Residential Treatment Plans
- Review each child’s Individual Behavior Support and Residential Treatment Plan with direct care staff to ensure that the plan is accurately and consistently implemented.
- Maintain each child’s Service Delivery files, ensuring all required documentation is included and kept up to date in the files at all times.
- Display effective written and verbal skills.
- Promote the Rights of Children in Residential Care.
Work With Pine Grove
The staff at Pine Grove are committed and dedicated to providing children with the compassion and care they deserve. Click below to view available job opportunities.
Interested in enrolling your child at Pine Grove? Click below to contact our Admissions Director and learn more about the best program for your child.