Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Qualifications/Credentials: Maintain a current South Carolina State Nursing License. Clear criminal background check. Available for medical emergencies. Professional interactions with fellow employees, residents, medical professional’s, governmental agents and parents. Pass training requirements. Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communications, able to work effectively with all staff members. Display honesty, integrity and a commitment to the mission of Pine Grove.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and retain the resident’s medical records in accordance with facility procedures.
- Make informative entries in the progress notes that reflect the care provided and the resident’s response to that care.
- Provide basic nursing care to the residents.
- Prepare/administer resident’s medications and treatments in accordance with state regulation and facility policy.
- Keep staff members informed of the status of clients and other related matters through written and oral reports.
- Meets with residents and/or family as needed.
- Consult with physicians as needed for treatments, medications etc.
- Coordinate with the pharmacy to fill and pick up prescriptions.
- Notify physician, family and staff when there is a change in the client’s condition.
- Schedule and ensure medical appointments are being met.
- Act as an emergency responder for the facility.
- Act as a role model for all staff demonstrating a high standard of service that supports the organization’s mission and values.
- Practice high standards of nursing care and implement the policies and procedures of the nursing department.
- Maintains staff medical and TB records in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Tracks staff annual medical and TB expiration dates.
- Reconciles MARS with medications.
- Must be available for emergency on call.
- Complete medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc. as needed.
- Manage resident medical emergencies, assessment of client conditions and complete necessary reports.
- Review and complete resident accident/injury reports.
- Provide training to staff in the area of nursing related services.
- Delegate nursing-related assistance to staff, providing direction and supervision of the tasks.
- Assist staff in providing direct care when needed.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with personnel in other departments within the facility to assure that nursing services and activities can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Follow established safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work With Pine Grove
The staff at Pine Grove are committed and dedicated to providing children with the compassion and care they deserve. Click below to view available job opportunities.
Interested in enrolling your child at Pine Grove? Click below to contact our Admissions Director and learn more about the best program for your child.