Qualifications/Credentials: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree, Trade Certifications and or Building License preferred. State of South Carolina licensing desirable. Verification of at least one is required. Excellent written and verbal skills. Professional interaction with fellow employees, businesses, governmental agents, and parents. Display honesty, integrity and a commitment to the mission of Pine Grove.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carpentry : Minor and Major
- Plumbing: includes the repair, of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines.
- Electrical: includes the repair, replacement or installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans and breakers.
- Drywall repair: Minor and major
- Painting: All
- Appliance repair: includes the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers and hot water tanks.
- Groundskeeper: includes mowing grass, pulling weeds, trimming and pruning trees and shrubs and picking up trash.
- Identify maintenance improvements to positively impact the facility’s program.
- Train necessary staff on safety and operating procedures on all equipment, tool, etc., used by staff to perform maintenance duties.
- Responsible for the inventory and security of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Unless prior arrangements are made, be available for emergencies after hours and on weekends.
- Coordinate, supervise, authorize and inspect work performed by third party.
- After securing the facility and /or limiting further damage to property, contact Facility Manager and the Executive Director immediately during emergency situations.
- Immediately stop any unsafe work or other acts performed by staff or outside contractors.
- Be proactive in regard to increasing the safety for children and staff around the facility.
- As requested, perform and document monthly, quarterly and yearly inspections to meet or exceed all licensing requirements.
- Positive interaction with businesses and the community at all times when representing Pine Grove.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work With Pine Grove
The staff at Pine Grove are committed and dedicated to providing children with the compassion and care they deserve. Click below to view available job opportunities.
Interested in enrolling your child at Pine Grove? Click below to contact our Admissions Director and learn more about the best program for your child.