Qualifications/Credentials: High School Diploma or GED. Experience, certifications, and/or training in the food industry. Professional interaction with fellow employees, business, governmental agents, and parents.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, cook, and bake a variety of foods in large quantities, adhering to governmental and nutritional guidelines.
- Follows dietician menus.
- Cook and prepare a variety of main dishes.
- Able to effectively adjust/follow assigned recipes.
- Bake desserts as assigned.
- Prepare recipes utilizing a variety of kitchen tools (e.g. mixer, electric griddle, vegetable peeler, etc.)
- Adheres to food safety, sanitation and food service standards (e.g. washes hands prior to handling food and after breaks, thaw food in refrigerator, wears hair net and apron, cook food to proper temperature).
- Prepares food within proper time frame, following food service standards.
- Readies food for serving/distribution; measures proper portion sizes, counting proper quantity of food items, packing food properly for safety and delivery.
- Order/assist in ordering food supplies.
- Serves food and ensures proper portions according to children’s dietary plans.
- Cleans cooking utensils, dishes, pots/pans according to standards of safety and sanitation; maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in maintaining kitchen equipment and reporting broken equipment.
- Delivers food supplies to on campus facilities.
- Complete assigned cleaning duties as needed.
Work With Pine Grove
The staff at Pine Grove are committed and dedicated to providing children with the compassion and care they deserve. Click below to view available job opportunities.
Interested in enrolling your child at Pine Grove? Click below to contact our Admissions Director and learn more about the best program for your child.