Special Education Teacher
Qualifications/Credentials: Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Special Education with appropriate certification. Able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communications, leadership skills and team building, able to work effectively with team members. Display honesty, integrity and a commitment to the mission of Pine Grove.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers the classroom curriculum as prescribed by South Carolina Department of Education Standards.
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans for classroom activities and organizes the classroom for daily instruction.
- Develops, tests, and monitors students’ Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Plans and coordinates meetings regarding Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Selects and requests books, instructional aides, and instructional supplies, maintains inventory of supplies, equipment, and materials needed for classroom activities.
- Prepares, administers, and corrects tests and assignments, records grades and/or other assessments.
- Maintains order in the classroom.
- Maintains effective communication with parents/guardians, Teachers, Therapists (Psychologist, Speech, Occupational, and Physical), and District Representatives concerning services/meetings.
- Evaluates progress of students IEP goals/objectives.
- Participates in professional meetings/committees.
- Participates in educational conferences, teaching/training workshops and monthly in-services.
- Supervises activities of assigned Behavior Technicians.
- Follows procedures when planning community outings/field trips.
- Make decisions in crisis, in conjunction with Administrative Staff and CEO.
- Facilitate staff and children’s complaints through established policies and procedures.
- Maintain flexible schedule that meets program needs.
- Maintain child, staff and agency confidentiality.
- Commitment to the Crisis Intervention philosophy.
- Apply Behavior Modification Techniques consistently and accurately with children.
- monitor teach and model appropriate Behavior Modification Techniques for Behavior Technicians.
- Conduct training with employees.
- Serve as role model to staff by displaying professionalism, taking initiative, volunteering, being flexible, making sound judgment, working independently and as a team player.
- Follow general rules, policies and procedures of Pine Grove
- Exemplify and promotes Pine Grove mission statement.
- Maintain professional and positive relationship with all Pine Grove employees and outside agency staff.
- Know and conduct emergency procedures (fire, tornado, accident, missing child, etc).
- Report broken equipment/hazards to appropriate personnel as needed.
- Pass on all necessary information to Education Administrator and Education Coordinator.
- Follow Dress Code.
- Responsible for other job-related duties as deemed appropriate by Education Administrator and Education Coordinator.
Work With Pine Grove
The staff at Pine Grove are committed and dedicated to providing children with the compassion and care they deserve. Click below to view available job opportunities.
Interested in enrolling your child at Pine Grove? Click below to contact our Admissions Director and learn more about the best program for your child.